What a fast week this has been; talk about life moving extremely fast and having a billion distractions!
I finally settled out to complete this weeks exercise on today, and as usual I wish I had been able to complete this at night, but I wasn't. In comparison to last weeks exercise on Loving Kindness, which I wasn't very impressed with, I must say I did enjoy this exercise a lot better. The narrator's voice still isn't very soothing but I was able to look past that as, the instructions were much easier for me to work with. I didn't feel overwhelmed and unsure about what I was to be doing so I liked that a lot. I also felt as if I was able to truly relax because I didn't feel bombarded with instructions. I was able to calmly and easily understand everything. At first I thought that the length of the exercise was annoying but afterwards, I realize my mind needed it to be that long to get into a relaxed state of mind and it didn't seem to last as long as I thought it would. All in all I do think I would practice this exercise again, as I feel that it can offer me assistance in learning to practice a subtle mind. I am more easily able to see the relationship to a healthy spiritual mind to an individuals physical wellness. I have been and will continue to work this type of practice into my life so that I can work towards a healthier spiritual wellness. I hope that others were able to get something out of it as well! Looking forward to everyone's input as usual!
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Rogers-
I agree with you on this weeks exercise. It was much better than last weeks. I do think that if I would practice last week exercise more I could possibly like it. I do enjoy exercises that do not have as much instructions and have more soothing sounds.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I enjoyed reading your experience and really liked the subtle mind exercise too. Being able to focus and select the thoughts or images that popped into my mind was empowering and gave me a sense of control. I liked feeling like I could manage my thoughts and also be able to just focus on my breathing.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts as they're just so blatantly honest and real, you get straight to the point! I agree with with you that this weeks exercise was a lot easier to follow with less instructions. I too felt the narrator's voice was a distraction and was eventually able to relax and not be startled by her interrupting my stillness :D
ReplyDeleteKeep of the good spirits, your motivation for mental and spiritual well-being is apparent and will become effortless in the near future!
I really enjoy your take in the lessons of the week. I also liked this one more than last week. I don't like lots of vocals. My mind relaxes more without it. Keep up the good work, and let's get this done!
ReplyDelete