Good afternoon friends! I am so glad that today is finally Saturday, it's been a long week and I am ready for actual spring weather. Never in my 28 years of life have I experienced snow falling in May, and it's beginning to give me cabin fever! This cold weather is however not bad for me when I need to stay at home and get homework complete. For some reason I have been struggling with finding the "want" within me to do my homework, and I have been leaving a lot of it to do last minute. We all know that's not a good habit to have. So, I cannot say how thankful I was to find that this weeks exercise was actually to my liking. I honestly enjoyed this weeks exercise fully. I don't even have any complaints about it. The Meeting Aesclepius exercise was something that I was able to really dive into. By creating a focal point of someone I dearly care about and idolize, I was able to sink right into the relaxation of it. I used my Nana, my grandma Lucy, (my mom's mother) because I adore her and always will. Even though she has passed onto her better place for quite some time now, I still think of her daily. I loved her personality; she was silly, creative, loving and beautiful inside and out. She had the best shoe collection a woman could ever had, and I can still remember myself as a little girl sitting in her closet admiring every pair. I remember her cooking so well, her amazing homemade Italian feasts, man were those good. Being Italian, she was so interesting to me, I always loved watching her and seeing how she interacted. I was able to really fall into a great sense of relaxation in this exercise, and I feel like it had a great ratio of direction and speaking to the quietness and moments of peace. I can honestly say that meditation has increased my psychological and spiritual aspects of my life. I've learned when and how to drift my mind away temporarily when I need to get away from negative emotions. I truthfully feel as if I am learning to manage my anxiety and depression better. It makes me very proud to look back and see the changes in myself. I really hope that you all are able to get this type of result from these experiences as well. I love everyone's comments they leave me on here and you all have truly given me a stronger sense of confidence and appreciation for myself, so thank you for that :o)
Until next time,
Mrs. Rogers-
Mrs. Rogers, very nice post. I can relate to you. I have also left a lot of work to do last minute because I kept putting it off, because I just didnt want to do it. Especially on the weekends. I like to use my weekends for "me" time. And doing classwork seems to take away from that. Lol. However, this week and maybe like you, I am getting a jump on things and trying to get everything out of the way.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the listening. I can agree with you too also on this. I have not been much of a fan of the other meditations we have been listening to. This one I was able to connect and relax because I thought of my Mother. I guess it makes it easier to ease into everything when you think of someone you adore and truly admire. Good work.
I really enjoyed your post and glad you felt so connected to this week's exercise because I did as well! I was awesome! Like you it was actually what I needed after a hectic week at work, teaching and children. It really made me connect to the simpler time in my life and find that enjoyment. I don't think we realize it as kids because we are so ready to grow up and experience the lives we are here to fulfill. I am also glad that you are regulating your negative emotions. I know as a mom there are so many things to do and so little time to do them in. However, when I log in and read your posts, I know that I am not alone in this. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post and can relate with you on dealing with anxiety better. The last two terms I have taken a stress class and this class and the two combined have really helped me deal with my stress and anxiety. I still have my struggles, but I do feel I have more control over it.
ReplyDeleteThat really was a lovely post. I really enjoyed reading about you finding a person to focus on. A parental figure is a great person to concentrate on. I chose my dad. It was lovely. Until next week!
ReplyDeleteAmanda