I think that for me personally the visualization practice
was the most beneficial and then the meditation. Those are the two that I think are the most relatable
and easy for people to jump into. As I
have mentioned before I can easily bring these into my life to foster mental
fitness because I have lots of areas in my life that I need to work on such as
my anxiety or even depression. The
meditation can easily help me when I am struggling with my anxiety or feeling
depressed. Visualization practices are
great too because I can focus them on someone meaningful and pleasant in my
mind. I have always done well with using
visualization techniques in any situation I might be struggling in. I am going to teach these practices on to my
mother and I really think that they might be able to help her as well. I have also come to the point of my life
where I was able to finally talk to my mom about a great deal of things that
were very difficult and we are mending our relationship and I couldn’t be more
excited. I want to be fully healthy and
getting past this is very important to my integral health as well as hers. What a great gift for us both.
Mrs. Rogers
Thanks for the post! I also feel that the visualization part works best for me. I do better when there is less direction, and more music to let me mind wander. I really understand the problem of getting to know your mom better. I have the same problems! It's an uphill battle, but I suggest hugging it out (even though you may want to shake her a bit first).
ReplyDeleteMrs. Rogers,
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that you are able to incorporate mediation into your life when you are having high anxiety. I think so many people get into this spinning sensation when their thoughts take over. Having the ability to calm your mind is such a valuable tool to stop that chatter that can cause anxiety to sky rocket. I know for me that each of the exercises has been able to show me something different about myself and how I view the world. Awesome news about your relationship with your mom, I hope it continues to heal and grow.
Lauren